Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Now I have to say that I personally do not believe in love at first sight, but all the movies and TV shows that make it seem as though it is possible kind of makes me wonder if it is. I do not know anyone that fell in love off of the first sight and even if I did, I would still have to question how it is possible to love someone when you do not know him or her.
I think love should come from the heart not sight. In order for you to love someone, you have to know them. How can you love someone when you do not even know their name or birthday? All you know is they are beautiful and you like the way they look. However, that is still not enough to say you are head over heels for someone. This person might be crazy or deranged, but you will not know that unless you get to know the person you are with before you say you are in love with them. They might have an entirely different view of the world and that may be a turn off. But what do you say then? Oh, I loved you when I first saw you, but now I do not. That’s ridiculous.
That is why I cannot believe that you can find the love of your life by just bumping into them on the street. It takes time to get to know someone maybe years before you are sure this is your soul mate. Some people are together for years and then break up because they do not mesh anymore. So how am I supposed to believe that the first time you meet someone you know that you want to be with them forever? It is impossible to know what you want to do with someone you have no clue about.
What I do think is that people get so caught up in the fairy tale love stories that we see on television or read about that we think it could actually happen to us. But that’s why those are called fairy tales. They are not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment